In order to launch your website, you need to first connect your domain name to your hosting account. If the name of your website is www.mywebsite.com, then mywebsite.com is the domain name of your site. This name needs to be connected to the hosting account. In this article, we will offer a step-by-step guide to link your domain name to a Reseller Hosting account.
The control panel offers an automatic linking of a domain name to the hosting account. Alternatively, you can manually link the same. Let’s look at both these methods in detail:
The Automatic Linking Method
In order to automatically link the domain name to your reseller account, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to the control panel
- On the left-hand side, you will be able to see an option called ‘Your domain names’. Click on it.
- Next, you need to click on overview.
- After this, click on the option Change Nameservers or Domain Name System (DNS).
- Now you can link your reseller account and your domain name. You also have the option of linking the domain name to a user in your reseller hosting client list.
- Click ‘Link’. This will immediately change the nameservers and the domain names will get added to Direct Admin.
Remember, it can take up to 24 hours before the changes reflect online.
The Manual Linking Method
In order to manually link the domain name to your Reseller account, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login to DirectAdmin
- Ensure that you are at ‘User Level’ (this can be checked on your right)
- You will be able to link the domain name via the ‘Domain Setup’ or the Domain Administration’ option.
- Ideally, the options of disk space and bandwidth should be at ‘same as main account’ settings.
- Now, you can change the nameservers of your domain name via the option Change Nameservers or DNS. You can use the nameservers received by you via email when you purchased the account.
This linking can also take around 24 hours.
Just in case you are wondering about what nameservers are, here is a quick read:
“A nameserver helps in the identification of a domain name by mapping it with its respective IP address. This helps the users to accurately find the website and communicate with it online.”
In case you find any difficulty linking your domain name to the reseller account, you can contact the hosting provider who will guide you through the steps and help you troubleshoot the problem. This is a crucial step in launching your website. Hence, you must ensure that you do it right. We hope that this guide can help you get started. … Read More